Hydro offers customers low-carbon aluminium products designed to help customers reach their sustainability goals and meet the demand from ever more climate-conscious consumers. The new products will be independently certified by DNV GL.
Hydro has an industry-leading climate strategy that has resulted in producing aluminium with the lowest energy consumption and the lowest emissions in the world, and an aim to become carbon-neutral from a life-cycle perspective by 2020. As every part of the aluminum production is managed in-house, Hydro can provide customers with certified sustainable aluminum products.
- Hydropower-based aluminium with a maximum carbon footprint of 4.0 kg CO2 per kg aluminium
- Certified to ISO 14064, covering all carbon emissions from bauxite mining and alumina refining to the production of aluminium in electrolysis and casting.
- Independently certified by DNV GL
- Aluminium with a minimum of 75% post-consumer recycled content
- Verified by DNV GL based on traceability and quality principles developed by Hydro.