Hydro is a fully integrated aluminium company with 35,000 employees in 40 countries on all continents, combining local expertise, worldwide reach and unmatched capabilities in R&D. In addition to production of primary aluminium, rolled and extruded products and recycling, Hydro also extracts bauxite, refines alumina and generates energy to be the only 360° company of the global aluminium industry. Hydro is present within all market segments for aluminium, with sales and trading activities throughout the value chain serving more than 30,000 customers. Based in Norway and rooted in more than a century of experience in renewable energy, technology and innovation, Hydro is committed to strengthening the viability of its customers and communities, shaping a sustainable future through innovative aluminium solutions.
Internal Audit Corporate (IAC) conducts audits primarily within operations, compliance and integrity. The audit plan is risk-based, and covers all entities in Hydro and the most significant partly owned entities. IAC also handles Hydro’s AlertLine for reporting concerns.
The IAC team consists of 15 members based in Oslo and Brazil and reports functionally to the Board Audit Committee and administratively to the CFO.
We are looking for a skilled internal auditor with hands-on experience from carrying out investigations. We are offering an exciting opportunity to gain insight into Hydro’s business and our value chain, and to cooperate closely with senior management.
Area of Responsibility
The successful candidate has strong analytical and communication skills, and an ability to work efficiently in a cross-cultural environment. As part of the IAC team, you will:
- Conduct assurance activities worldwide
- Carry out investigations Handle whistleblower reports
- Perform analyses of large amounts of data (e.g. analyses of payment transactions)
- Assist in developing risk assessments and the annual audit plan
- Assist in coordinating activities and information between IAC and the business areas
- Assist with administrative responsibilities and internal development projects
To thrive and succeed in the role as internal audit officer/investigator, we believe you hold the following qualifications:
- Master’s degree (Finance, Accounting, Social Sciences, Audit, Law, Engineering)
- 3-5 years of experience with internal/external auditing and/or compliance
- 3-5 years of experience with carrying out investigations and/or handling whistleblower reports
- Familiar with SAP and IT tools, such as ACL, IDEA or similar audit software
- Strong report writing skills
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Knowledge of Portuguese, German or Norwegian is an advantage
- The ability to communicate difficult and sensitive issues in a structured and balanced way to all levels of the organization
As a person, you have a high level of integrity and you are:
- Analytical, methodical and precise
- Detailoriented, but still able to see the big picture
- Conscientcious and reliable
- Flexible and pragmatic
- Strong in building interpersonal relationships and a team player
Travel is expected. The candidate must be prepared to work both domestic and abroad. Hence, we are looking for candidates who are comfortable with working and travelling in an international environment.
Health, safety, security, and environment (HSE) are an integrated part of Hydro’s daily activities. Our responsibility is to protect the health and safety of our employees and to contribute to the sustainable development of the communities in which we operate. We thus look for employees who will contribute positively to this by their commitment to HSE, their attitude and related actions.
Please enclose all relevant transcripts with your application (academic records/diplomas, certificates etc.).
As part of our recruitment process, we use Semac for background check.