Hydro is a global supplier of aluminium with activities throughout the value chain, from bauxite extraction to the production of rolled and extruded aluminium products and building systems.
Hydro is a global aluminium company with production, sales and trading activities throughout the value chain, from bauxite, alumina and energy generation to the production of primary aluminium and rolled products as well as recycling. Based in Norway, the company has 13,000 employees involved in activities in more than 40 countries on all continents. Rooted in more than a century of experience in renewable energy production, technology development and progressive partnerships, Hydro is committed to strengthening the viability of the customers and communities we serve.
- Legal name: Norsk Hydro ASA
- Founded: 1905
- Business areas: Bauxite & Alumina, Primary Metal, Rolled Products, Energy
- Number of employees: 14,000
- Company presence in more than 40 countries worldwide
- President and CEO: Svein Richard Brandtzæg
Key figures, 2016
- Revenue: NOK 81,953 million
- Underlying EBIT: NOK 6,425 million
- Net income from continuing operations: NOK 6,586 million
For further financial information, see Hydro's Annual reporting 2016